Star Creek Adventures
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
We are hosting an all-day adventure day this spring on our usually closed-access Star Creek Ranch in the Pajaro Hills! This is your chance to come out and see the property YOUR WAY! We are allowing both hiking and mountain biking, and offering a shuttle that will be circling the perimeter to pick up weary travelers (this place has some serious elevation change!).
A few things to know, before you go:
1. This is a MEMBERS ONLY event. Members are welcome to bring as many guests that will fit into their vehicle.
2. The only entrance to the property is via a one lane road that is three miles long. Due to this factor, we have to designate arrival and departure times. Members must arrive anytime between 9am and noon, and must depart anytime between 1pm and 5pm.
3. Trail maps will be provided. Members will have the choice of a variety of trails that vary in length and terrain. We have planned 4-5 self-guided tours.
4. Bring your own picnic, including a blanket, to enjoy at a vista. If you do decide to bring your own food and drink, this is a “pack it in, pack it out” event. We will not provide trash cans.
5. This is a dog-friendly event, if your dog is friendly!
6. Members will meet us at Star Creek Ranch. Once you turn off of the highway, it is a three-mile drive on a dirt road. You do not need 4-wheel drive, though we do suggest you come in a vehicle with an average clearance of 6 inches. We tested a mini cooper, and it was a very close call!
7. There will not be a shuttle or a carpool leaving from the Land Trust office. Everyone is to meet out at the property.
8. This event is a benefit of membership. If you are a current member, please sign up here on Eventbrite using the green “register” button. If you are not yet a member, you can become one here.
Your guests will also need tickets.
Directions from Highway 1 (north or south)
Drive to Watsonville on Highway 1
- Take Riverside Drive/Highway 129 East. Once you exit the freeway, continue on Riverside Drive/Highway 129 INLAND (away from the ocean). You will be traveling EAST.
- Drive 10.5 miles – you will go through downtown Watsonville, and then pass a lot of farmland.
- You will pass the turnoff for the town of Aromas.
- At 10.5 miles, you will see Land Trust signs directing you to turn left off of the highway. There is no name for the road you will turn onto, but we will mark it with signs.
If you reach Old Chittenden Road, you have gone too far.
Directions from Highway 101 (north or south)
- Exit Highway 129 towards Watsonville.
- Once you exit the highway, take 129 WEST towards Watsonville.
- Drive 3.6 miles until you see the Land Trust signs and cones directing you to turn RIGHT off of the highway.